Welcome to the course on Assistive Technologies for Persons with Vision impairments. As per the WHO fact sheet, at least 2.2 billion people in the world have vision impairments. There are so many ways that assistive technologies can improve the quality of life for persons with vision impairments.
We hope this helps you better understand the needs and impact of Assistive solutions for people with vision impairment. Happy learning!
Entrance Survey (Optional):
Assistive Technology for Vision Impairment (google.com)
Module 2: Challenges of Vision Impairment
2.2. Orientation and Mobility
2.3. Access to Education
2.4. Access to Digital content
Module 3: Assistive Technologies for People with Vision Impairment for various life domains
3.2. Assistive Technologies for Literacy
3.3. Assistive Technologies for Computer and Smartphone Access
3.4. Assistive Technologies for Mobility and Orientation
3.5. Assistive Technologies for Daily Living.
This is a self-paced course designed for technical and non-technical audiences including students in engineering and arts courses who are interested in developing assistive technologies for persons with vision impairment.
- What is Assistive Technology for People with Vision Impairments, its scope and impact.
- Understand Vision Impairment from a functional perspective.
- The different life domains where Assistive Technology can enable participation and functional efficiency of persons with vision impairment.
- The different Assistive solutions that are currently available, their pros and cons.
- Go through each module and watch the respective videos
- Complete the activities in each module to get a holistic understanding
- Browse through the additional resource materials (optional)